Slowing Down Is Good For Your Waistline!
It takes 20 minutes for signals of satisfaction to reach your brain, Eating slowly will give your time to taste, and enjoy the food. This will also make you less likely to overeat. Challenging foods that take more time to eat will give your brain a chance to catch up with your stomach and realize that you are full!
Here are some options for you.
- Two big whole grain pretzels (dip each bite in mustard)
- Nachos (15 tortilla chips baked with salsa, nonfat bean dip, and lowfat cheese (eat hot)
- 4 cups of air-popped popcorn
- A baked apple
- 15 frozen grapes
- Five low-fat crackers with nonfat cream cheese and veggies
- An artichoke dipped in fat-free dressing